Frail and Foolish

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unthinkable YOU

Once a week our senior team member leads our morning devotion time. She has been using sermon series from Louie Giglio. (Good stuff.) We started a new series today entitled, "Unthinkable You." It's going to be an interesting series. I hope to stay open and really let the talks to come penetrate my heart and life. The first in the series seemed a bit familiar. Louie himself addressed this, in his own way, at the beginning and basically challenged his listeners to stay open, be impacted. It really is impacting stuff.

Each of the 5 of us watching had different perspectives and take-aways on the lesson. There was one take-away we had in common - homework. Louie said something to the effect of "if you meditate on this for 7 days it will change your life."

So, our assignment is to note one or two sentence thoughts on the "this truth" (see below) each day. Well, you know how well I am at keeping my thoughts down to one or two sentences. I think three short paragraphs is basically the same thing.

Here's today, day one:

TRUTH: I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Thursday: I think if I were to really embrace this (again) it would change the way I live. I know that it would change the way I react to and treat people. In some ways I know this and I am who I am, and carry myself the way I do, because at one point I really embraced this truth.

It helps when there are people around you confirming and reconfirming that truth, virtually any truth. If I were to live in such a way that others felt (and knew) I confirmed them being fearfully and wonderfully made, having intrinsic worth and value, they might be able to believe more. And if they were to believe it then they could live it and confirm it in other people.

However, another beautiful thing about truth is that it is true whether or not anyone else confirms it. I am free to embrace and live in this truth. Period. I am free whether or not people choose to confirm it. You are too. Beautiful!

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you! i love you and miss you! i love reading your blogs. they're always so full of evan and the words of wisdom or encouragement is always welcome. i'm so glad that you're open to God and his leading and that we are friends so that i can benefit from that. i'm just glad we're friends. i love you!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger EvanTerese said...

Hy Sher,

Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm so glad we're friends too. You are a treasure.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger EvanTerese said...

An additional thought, another journal entry:

Another incomplete thought (sorry): for me, there is a difference between “I was fearfully and wonderfully made” and “I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” To embrace only the former seems to be somewhat missing the point. While one may embrace the beauty and depth (that David wrote about in the same Psalm) of conception to birth perhaps that is to also miss the making that’s being done in the present. I am becoming. It’s not just that I was made; I am being made. That’s a thinker. ☺ One that, if I allow it (a.k.a take time for it) may just lead me into greater depth, search, adventure, and beauty. On we go…?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home