...and Christian, I should think. The tension - the struggle - is what it means to grow. Sometimes I long for ease and 'mellow-ness,' only to stop and realize that ease means I'm no longer growing and learning. It also means I'm more apt to let my guard down (and thus more likely to fall into temptation) and potentially become mediocre. I DON'T long for those things at all. My prayer these days is simply that he will continue to walk beside you and me and give us more grace than we deserve. -cdk
ckd- I agree with the statement about easily ending with Christian (instead of, or along with human).
I experience and am compelled to live in--or perhaps feel forced to live in--that tension b/c of my faith.
After all, though, we were created (as humans) to live in relationship to and with God SO that brings us back to "what it means to be human."
I really appreciate your thoughts and feedback. They help me to further develop and process through my own and the greater thought itself.
As to your prayer...yeah. :) Often I find myself thanking and praise God in the morning for the new mercies for "today" - mercies that are enough for today. And then, some nights I find myself again praising him- because indeed, "great is thy faithfulness" and the mercies were more than enough.
2 Comments:
...and Christian, I should think. The tension - the struggle - is what it means to grow. Sometimes I long for ease and 'mellow-ness,' only to stop and realize that ease means I'm no longer growing and learning. It also means I'm more apt to let my guard down (and thus more likely to fall into temptation) and potentially become mediocre. I DON'T long for those things at all. My prayer these days is simply that he will continue to walk beside you and me and give us more grace than we deserve. -cdk
ckd-
I agree with the statement about easily ending with Christian (instead of, or along with human).
I experience and am compelled to live in--or perhaps feel forced to live in--that tension b/c of my faith.
After all, though, we were created (as humans) to live in relationship to and with God SO that brings us back to "what it means to be human."
I really appreciate your thoughts and feedback. They help me to further develop and process through my own and the greater thought itself.
As to your prayer...yeah. :) Often I find myself thanking and praise God in the morning for the new mercies for "today" - mercies that are enough for today. And then, some nights I find myself again praising him- because indeed, "great is thy faithfulness" and the mercies were more than enough.
Post a Comment
<< Home