Setting the Captive (that's me) Free
I started a new Bible study a couple of weeks ago called Breaking Free. It is subtitled, "making freedom in Christ a reality in life." This is actually my second time doing the study. It was so good the first go around a few years back I thought it would be a good addition to this leg of the journey & for the lives of the girl(s) I'm going through it with.
Without jumping in too deep, I wanted to share three thoughts from the author. These thoughts come after her sharing some significant, deep, formerly hidden thoughts and events of the past from some of her close Christian friends. The reality is that far too many people who have found salvation in Christ have not found true liberty and freedom in him. It is there and ours to have.
She writes:
Christ cam to set the captive free -- no matter what kind of yoke binds them.
He came to bind up the brokenhearted -- no matter what broke the heart.
He came to open the eyes of the blind -- no matter what veiled their vision.
Again, I say, this is good news. Thank God that he came to redeem us, and not just our souls, but our whole lives. He desires freedom for our lives more than we ourselves do. Hallelujah! That's good news.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home