Frail and Foolish

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ghostbusters

A group of people here went ice skating on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun...and exercise. I admittedly woke up a little sore this morning. One of the more funny things of the night (not to me, but to on-lookers) was when I BIT it trying something new. It wasn't a triple axle anything amazing like that, just a little spin thing that went a lot larger than it should have. I think my whole body was off the ground before I slammed into the ice. Luckily I didn't get hurt, but I did have a short flashback to a certian bellyflop...off a swingset.

Right before I left, as I was taking my last few laps around the ice, they started playing Danger Zone from Top Gun, which of course demanded that I go around at least two more times. Throughout the night they played music that brought me back to my childhood days in the roller skating rink. Hits included a lot of the Dirty Dancing soundtrack (I didn't really hear much of it though), something from Back to the Future, Footloose, and I don't know. They were classics anyway...

At one point in the night I was skating around by myself and an old friend came to mind. I was a little saddened, but then, the theme song from Ghostbusters started playing. How could I continue to be sad when a song, that brought so much happiness to Saturday mornings as a child, was playing? "Who you gunna call? Ghostbusters!"

Ghostbusters to the rescue indeed. Indeed!

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...are you thankful for humility? I don't care for it, generally, but I'm told it's good for you (me).

So, why the sadness for the old friend? Just missing them, but no regrets, I hope.

-cdk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home