Healthy
I wrote this entry once already but it got lost when I went to publish it. =( I really liked how I had it phrased, we’ll see how this time goes…
Last week in one of our morning sessions (Bible study) we read Ezekiel 47:1-2, and also looked back at Ezekiel 43:1-5. We talked about a few things but what really stuck out to me was God’s desire to heal us. “God desires to make us healthy, not just well,” or something to that effect was the way one person phrased it. He doesn’t just help us or want us to get over our cold, but to make us healthy. My note with that was…”which means God, who is a holy god, is a God of wholeness. He desires to make us healthy- and not just physically but also mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and socially.”
That is HOPE! At least, I find hope in that. God is able to make us healthy. I recognize God as the Great Physician, and even today I was praying for healing for 2 specific individuals, one with breast cancer. But I also praised God for her because she is healthy in the other areas of her life. Do you know someone who is mentally unstable? Do you know someone for whom life just seems to be falling apart? Someone who needs health and healing? Good news! God came to make us whole!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home