Frail and Foolish

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Christian Pop Culture #1

Steve Green wrote a song approximately a thousand years ago called "People Need the Lord." I personally consider it a Christian pop culture classic because well, I'm fairly confident in saying its been performed at least once in every church I have been a member of, AND in most cases, at least twice a year. I've heard it about half a million times in my short life. (Anyone else thinking, yeah, it and that "On My Knees" song by Jaci no- one-can-pronounce-my-last-name Velasquez)

The message of the song is very good and true. I have an appreciation for the heart with which it was written, but it has now transcended cultural barriers as it was performed - in German - this past Sunday at church. Pop culture classic reaches all time high...I can see it now? Swahili anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home