Jumping in... (our team)
Okay, so maybe I will get around to kind of posting the story on how I got to Germany and what in the world I am doing here, but for now I really just want to jump in and give some quick updates, tell some stories, you know...
We'll start with this:
We are a team of 7 right now. Pastor Hans, Drew, Bethaney, Josh, Kelly, Emily, and me.
I want to tell you some about each one, but I can't begin to do them justice so here's the QUICK run down:
Hans is basically the senior pastor of the church here in Frankfurt, but there are some things changing so Hans still has various responsibilities and is the main preaching pastor, but his son Cris has taken on many of the other senior pastor roles. He has been "freed" to focus more time and attention on Project Noah, etc. He is our mentor.
Drew is the youth pastor here. He is in his third year here (in Germany from the US) and is a wonderful, fun leader and example of Christ. I respect him thoroughly for who he is and what he is doing, but it is necessary to note that he can be a goof-ball. We graduated the same year (high school), so we are the same age.
Bethaney has been here for 9 months now. She is from Florida and is super busy both with us, helping Drew with the youth and also other things...Though I'm still not sure exactly what. She graduated from Trevecca as an English major and is also deeply respected and loved, and she's funny too! (She is 24)
We have 2 people here from Drew's "home" church in Virginia. Kelly (24) and Josh (21). Kelly majored in Communications (w/ an emphasis in audio broadcasting) at Liberty University and was working with kids in an after school program before she came here. Josh would have been a junior at Olivet this year changing his major from youth ministry to cross-cultural (missions) ministry.
Kelly has been staying with Bethaney (but will be moving soon, hopefully as it is in very tight quarters). Josh is living with Drew next door to the church.
Emily is from Kentucky and we are both staying with a wonderful couple from the church. She is a religion major at Trevecca and would have been going into her sophomore year there. She is 19 and plays soccer for Trevecca. (She's SO good!) She was here w/ a team from the college this summer, which is how she learned about the program. She lives in the apartment with the couple, I live in a room in the basement. It's a nice size room with a comfy bed. My only complaint is that I have no closet or drawers =)
The couple we are staying with are older and we were told almost everyone stays with them. Bethaney lived with them the first month she was here. They have a son who is married and has a child or two and a daughter who is an artist. Her work is displayed mainly in her old bedroom (where Emily lives) but throughout the house. There is a big mural on the wall in my room. Pretty cool...
This post is more than long enough so I will leave it at that. More soon...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home