Frail and Foolish

Monday, October 23, 2006

Missionary

One thing that we hear fairly regularly here is a reminder that we are now missionaries.
Now, understand that it mostly comes as a justification for when things are less than desirable…but none-the-less, I guess it is true.
That is what’s weird for me (that it's true). I don’t know if it is weird because I just don’t consider myself a missionary (I don’t think I ever thought I would be one) or if it is because I find myself asking in response, “Is this what its like to be a missionary? I don’t feel like a missionary.”

I’m just living my life, serving God…in a foreign country. And yeah, I am here to build relationships with people and, for those who don’t know Him, introduce them to God…to make disciples…maybe that makes me a “missionary” after all…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home