Pregnancy...Thinkin'
Here's the thing, I'm experiencing the first baby BOOM among my friends. Yes, I've had friends have kids in the past but they are all coming at once now. Two were born consecutively towards the end of February and some are just days and weeks away. There are a few more still that are a few months out. It's exciting (and hard to be away for).
A couple months back I was reading about Noah. I was thinking about him and his family on the ark. Now, I am by NO means trying to be inappropriate, but I'm thinking that there were some instincts kicking in amongst the animals. Do you think that Noah ever had to reach up into a cow and turn a breech calf around? (yuck!) On the note of the ark, was Japheth's wife ever freaking out over the fact that one of the _____ couldn't be found? Do you think it was one of the little animals that she was concerned about, or was it that the snake was loose? (ew!) Was it stressful? Maybe the better question would be HOW stressful was it? Now back to pregnancy: And what about Shem's wife? Was she pregnant on the boat, perhaps in the first trimester? Can you imagine the nausea of both morning and sea-sickness? (uhg!)
All of it just got me thinkin'. I'm all about jumping into adventure and God's story but I'm also thinkin' that I'm really thankful that I wasn't on that boat and I am NOT pregnant! Again, I'm excited for my friends, but like the folks in Noah's day, I look and think they might be crazy!

2 Comments:
it is like noah's ark around here.
So I'm still trying to catch up... but this one caught my eye first, so I read... and it's funny! My baby boom came last year... at one point I knew 14 women who were pregnant... and not just knew them as in I'd met them once or twice, I actually had some kind of relationship with them. CRAZINESS!
And, um... I'm not pregnant.
Post a Comment
<< Home