Frail and Foolish

Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's been awhile...

There is a story/thought or two waiting to be completed and posted in my draft blog files and a dozen more waiting to be told, but its been far too long since I've last posted so I thought I would share this with you.

There's more of a story to each piece of this praise, but I'll give you the short version. The paragraph below is taken from a message to a friend from whom I recently received exciting news. Due to a number of things, primarily medical bills, my friend was in thousands of dollars in debt. Even as bankruptcy was looming, he was looking at going to Bible college but came no where close to meeting their "debt free" requirement for entrance. He told the Lord, "IF you want me to go to Bible college, I must be debt free." One huge ($31,000) miracle later and my friend is debt free and on his way to Bible college. I am rejoicing with him. Hallelujah!

As I considered this joy, and some events of the past week in my own life, I wrote,
"I was just thinking tonight about how God meets all my needs, but more than that he blesses me beyond those needs. My praises for the week are that I was given a bike, someone gave me some money for working hard and doing a good job (even though it wasn't work for them, they just know I'm working as a volunteer), and someone wants to take me shoe shopping (I'm in need, pretty badly, of some non-boot, closed toe black dress shoes. :) Blessings are popping up all over the place. I'm so humbled. God is SO faithful, so so faithful."

I have a bike! I beautiful blue bike of my own. It's owner, Monika, died a few years back. Her husband, a friendly, funny, smart Indian man, known around his neighborhood as Dadu (a title for an elder family member) gave it to me this week. I am so blessed.

After a long day today, I went for a bike ride - on my bike, in my neighborhood. Well, one of my friends sometimes asks me if I know what's mine. He says, "You know what's yours? Close your eyes." When I do, he reminds me, "That's what's yours."

So, with recognition of who and what I am, and who and what I am not, I am grateful and humbled to be entrusted with people, my friends and family, and some possessions. My needs are met and I am blessed far beyond what I deserve. What else can I say? God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home