Frail and Foolish

Thursday, January 24, 2008

TR

Another one of my current reads is The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell. I was reading about the Law of Process last night and the way former president Theodore Roosevelt (TR) demonstrated it so well in his life. (If you want to know more about that, you'll have to read the book - or at least the end of the third chapter :) - which is well worth your time)

At the end of the story it tells that he died in his sleep and when they removed him they found a book under his pillow. Maxwell remarks, "Up to the very last, TR was still striving to learn and improve himself." I thought that was good. What I liked best,however, and what I think I might like people to say about me, is what the then Vice President Marshall said about him:

"Death had to take him sleeping, for if Roosevelt has been awake, there would have been a fight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home