Because I do not ask
Its been a week full of pensive times. God interupted one of those times with, "You do not have because you do not ask." Which was followed by a few stubborn comments and a small battle with my own pride. Sometimes "I do not ask" because "I do not want." Sometimes I don't ask because I don't know what to ask for. And, admittedly, sometimes I do not ask because I either think I already know what the answer is or because I'm afraid of what the answer might be.
All of which throws me into another train or two of thought...did I mention it's been a pensive week?

1 Comments:
first of all... you pensive? no way.
second... maybe God interupting your pensive times with "you do not have because you do not ask" was his way of telling you that you need to ask. with you being a head thinker, your head tells you that there are things that you don't want. maybe your heart wants/needs them and God's trying to tell you that you need to ask for them whether you like it or not. the reality is that he's going to give you whatever you want/need in his time and there's nothing we can really do about that except have faith and trust him. there are times when we could ask til we're blue in the face, but it doesn't make a difference. God knows what we want/need far better than we do, and i'm grateful for that!
or maybe it's the simple things... last week it was supposed to start snowing thursday night and snow all day friday leaving about a foot- so thursday afternoon i said "Lord, i really don't want it to snow- could you possibly let this one pass us by?" friday morning i wake up... no snow! it didn't snow at all, all day... Praise the Lord!
lots of maybe's. i feel like we've had this conversation before and it could be summed up by the fact that we (you and I) both are so stubborn. oh well... i love you!!! i wish i could be there to be pensive with you...
Post a Comment
<< Home