Saying "Bye"
Usually when I come to post I have at least an idea of what I'm going to say. I'm jumping into this post with the littlest idea ever. I don't know. We said goodbye to a team of 15 students and 2 leaders from MVNU (Mount Vernon Nazarene University) this morning. They spent 9 great days with us. [more on that later]
It was sad, I think maybe even a little heart-breaking to see them go. One of the most exciting things about being here in Germany is all the people I get to meet, get to know (at least a little) and serve beside. It comes with its challenges though. Nine days ago we welcomed a team of 17. I knew some of their names and recognized most of their faces from a picture we had, but I didn't know them. Today I said good-bye to 17 friends. I know there is a reality that I very well may never talk to or see some of them again, but I think some will be long time, maybe even life-long friends.
Each of them left a mark in my life. For some it was their passion, from others their kindness, hard work, humor :) and love. They restored and brought a new joy to us. Each one came and gave what they had. I was surrounded by Christ this week...I saw him all over. The group had a concert on Sunday night. People, both Christ-followers and non Christ followers alike, commented on the looks on their faces...something happened this week. Something good.
Being a Christ follower unites me with a whole variety of people. Some who seem to be quite similar, others with whom I seem to have very little in common. None the less we are united. They are my brothers and my sisters. I had the abundant blessing of meeting, getting to know - at least in part - and serving with 17 wonderful, beautiful people this week, and I will never be the same.

1 Comments:
saying good bye sucks.
Post a Comment
<< Home