Love Was Here.
With less than 30 hours to go before I leave the place I've called home for the last few years I thought it appropriate to post. However, its almost 3 am and I'm tired with lots still to do. Therefore, I'll keep it short.
Tonight was my "Going Away Party". It was wonderful. I'm totally grateful for all the great friends I have around me - particularly those who made tonight possible with planning, prepping, clean-up and so much more. It was very special to celebrate and be celebrated. Truly God has shown his goodness and faithfulness through the years and in my time here. This place, these people, will always hold a special place in my heart.
Of course there's more to say and much more to do. It's with my joy and sadness that I leave this place. I am mourning as this chapter in my life closes but also look back with much joy. I am also looking forward to the future - with little more than enjoying my family, readjusting to life in the States (that will be a biggie), and relaxing on my to-do list for the next little bit.
Before going to bed last night I was reading and came across a thought that couldn't be more fitting right now. So, for my final blog post before leaving Germany, I leave you with some words from the writings of Dr. J. Townsend:
The extent to which we attach deeply to God and others in the extent to which we leave something behind in people's hearts. If we allow ourselves to matter to others, and they to us, we'll miss them and they'll miss us. The feelings of loss are like a signpost, "Love was here."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home