Big Problem = Great News
My pastor (Philip) has hit the big times - getting quoted on the blog 2 times in one week! :) (2 times in 2 days!)
In our home groups we just started a new series "Wunder Jesu" or "Jesus' miracles". (The groups listen to a 10-12 audio teaching w/ an outline and then discuss, that all of course takes place after we eat.)
We started last night with Jesus feeding the 5000. Maybe on of my friends in the group said it best, "Jesus just has a fancy for foolishness." Philip began by pointing out that their is only one thing necessary to qualify you for a miracle. When you look through the scriptures what did everyone who experienced a miracle have in common? Yes, sure, some of them prayed and some had faith but not all of them. They all had a problem. So, if you have a problem (I think I've shared this before)I have good news for you. A small problem means you need a small miracle but a big problem? Well, that calls for a big miracle.
While I like that the story, found in John 6, tells us that everyone ate and was satisfied, I think what I really like is that the little boy (with his 5 small loaves of bread and 2 small fishes) gave all he had. It wasn't much, but he offered it and with it God did more than anyone could have ever dreamed. He could have split it with Jesus, 50/50, "You get a fish and 2.5 loaves and I'll take the same", but he didn't; he gave it all.
Philip closed the lesson by saying (roughly translated) that our world is hungry for a number of things. When we fully offer our lives and what we have, he can multiply it and satisfy a hungry world.
What are you holding on to? Maybe its fear, hate, or unforgiveness. Jesus can take that and satisfy you. Maybe its hopes, dreams, friendship, or just a small lunch. Jesus can take it and make it more than enough to satisfy you and the world around you. What will you offer him today?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home