Mighty to Save
Hillsong United has a song called Mighty to Save. I hadn’t heard it prior to my recent trip to the US but heard it a lot while I was there. It’s beautiful.
It starts, “Everyone needs compassion, a love that’s never failing. Let mercy fall on me. Everyone needs forgiveness, the kindness of a Savior, the hope of nations.”
It goes on, “Savior, he can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save; he is mighty to save. Forever, author of salvation, he rose and conquered the grave. Jesus conquered the grave.”
More than once I’ve been comforted by the words of Zephaniah 3:17 which says, “The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” To hear these words in song form was encouraging among other things.
But it wasn’t the phrase “might to save” that caught my attention. It was the phrase “author of salvation.” In a brief moment I was broken as I was overcome with the sovereignty and love of our God. He was the one who scripted salvation. He wrote it.
That’s amazing. Almighty God wrote a plan for salvation long before you or I needed it and even this very day he is authoring salvation. He continues to save us from the depths of our depravity and woo us to himself. He wrote the ultimate salvation story long ago but continues to write it daily on the lives of those around us, on your life, and mine. He continues to write it through our lives.
The song continues:
So take me as you find me, all my fears and failure, fill my life again. I give my life to follow everything I believe in. Now I surrender.
Savior, he can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save; he is mighty to save. Forever, author of salvation, he rose and conquered the grave. Jesus conquered the grave.
Shine your light and let the whole world see. We’re singing for the glory of the risen king, Jesus, shine your light and let the whole world see.
Savior, he can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save; he is mighty to save. Forever, author of salvation, he rose and conquered the grave. Jesus conquered the grave.
…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home