Frail and Foolish

Sunday, April 05, 2009

A Judo Trick

From an email I wrote 18. February 2009

Late last Spring as I faced much difficulty and stress regarding my visa God taught me, in a new way, that I could not only trust his heart, but I could trust his heart towards me, no matter the situation. It was also during this time, as questions arose, that I held on to the truth that "the cross is proof that God doesn't always change the circumstances" (Louie Giglio). As I wandered around my small room last night praying, and admittedly worrying over my visa, I listened to the song "sometimes he calms the storm" over and over again. (Sometimes he calms the storms with a whisper, "Peace, be still" And he can settle any sea but it doesn't mean he will. Sometimes he holds us close and lets the winds and waves go wild. Sometimes he calms the storm and other times he calms his child).

So I washed, and dried, and straightened my hair. I chose yet one more outfit for a visa appointment and finally I got in my bed. I journaled a little prayer in addition to all the words and thoughts that were running through my heart and mind. In the early morning hours, I went to bed (late). Here's how the journal entry ended:

I chose to praise no matter the circumstances tomorrow. I will rejoice... even in this. (see blog post from 5. February for the reference :)

Lord, you are good and your mercy endureth forever.
~amen~


So we went into the visa office and things were not looking so good but due to some additional, outside help we recently received we were able to inform the woman about a law that was in contradiction to the information she'd given us (and had received from her boss.) Do you remember me asking you to pray for favor with them? We got it. By the end of our time there, she was friendly, like we've never seen her before - mind you- we've seen her a number of times.

So, what's the result? The cross may be proof that God does not always change the circumstances, but sometimes he steps in a does a judo trick. :) I got my visa (and cried twice already). It is good for two and a half years. This is nothing short of a miracle - both receiving it and for such a long period. Even now I am tearing up. This has been a difficult, stressful, and even painful journey. God has been so kind towards me, in addition to his faithfulness.

Thank you, more than I can express, for your prayers. Your intercession lead the way to HIS intercession today. I am grateful.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Janika said...

This still makes me very happy! Speaking of miracles tonight, this certainly was one and it was great for me to experience such a miracle... at the same time it is so easy to forget about them when time and life goes on,... Your blog just put it back in my memory and thereby out a smile on my face :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home