Great Analogies from my life #137
My tendency in life in ministry here was to make everything the same thing. Life, ministry, friends, work, all of it was one big ball. Because the ball was often so big, I neglected other areas of my life (health, for instance). My arms (heart, and mind) got tired from carrying it all - all the time.
Over the past couple of weeks I've begun compartmentalizing, in a healthy way. I was talking to a friend about this and how it relates to their life just this morning.
When we compartmentalize then we have a juggling act. Yes, there is an art to juggling, but at least our hands (and arms) aren't full all the time nor with something that is so big, heavy, and perhaps awkward that we can't carry it.
Life with sections, roles, & responsibilities divided works better. I realize that most people naturally have a bit more compartmentalization build into their lives via work, or class schedules, home etc. Nonetheless, my recommendation for the day is to give juggling a try (with those little colorful balls or bright scarfs :).

1 Comments:
My first thought is juggling sucks, but...
I totally agree... it's hard and it takes practices. And it just makes me think of Michelle Pfeifer in "One Fine Day"- all the balls in the air and if someone takes one then you drop them all... that's where I hiave a hard time juggling.
kad.
Post a Comment
<< Home