Soul
So it's been awhile. I've thought of a few things I wanted to share - in particular a short quote or two from my current read Soul Cravings. But alas, here we are and I am without a quote. I thought I'd share the following, but its risky. Sometimes I wondering if anyone is out there reading this anyway. If not, then its really safe - I feel like I've shared it without actually doing so. ;)
*disclaimer: I make no claims to be a theologian and so if some of this doesn't quite match up or make sense...just journey with me...It's my first draft. :)
Okay so here it is...one of my latest revelations (a piece of it anyway) on my journey to healing...or perhaps better stated - on my journey to embrace the healing that it already here.
Yup. I think I lost my connection with destiny. Part of that process was losing my soul. What else should I expect but to feel alone. When you lose the very things your soul craves most there is a strong sense that you’ve lost your soul. Perhaps the reality is that you’ve not lost your soul, but rather your humanity.
It really makes me angry, heartbroken, and evokes more compassion (or perhaps better stated as sympathy) than I think I hold, when I see injustice. It brings me to tears (sometimes over, and over, and over again). I feel like the reason I’ve been crying is not just because of the injustice, but because I feel so incapable of doing anything about it.
Someone once told me that trying to restore people’s humanity – making things right – had to be about justice. “If it’s about change”, he said, “it will become frustrating to the point of quitting. It can’t be about change because sometimes you don’t see the change. It has to be about justice, because that’s always right.“
That hit me again tonight. I think I was working for change. Yes, it was about justice, but ultimately it was about change. I wanted to see change, bring change. Ghandi said we must be the change we seek. I agree, but what happens when we don’t see the change? It has to be about justice.
I think, and hope, that just maybe I'm finding my way back. Hope is a good sign of that very thing.

1 Comments:
yes... i'm reading. you did good sharing that and i'm proud of you because i know it wasn't very easy. you are healing and i'm here... yes i'm freaking forever away, but i'm here reading and walking next to you. you're gonna make it! i know i don't say it enough, but i miss you like crazy... that's what i cry about!
kad.
Post a Comment
<< Home